7 + 1 fragments
From Realillusion: Atefeh Kheirabadi and Mehrad Sepahnia
We are looking for eight actresses or performers who want to participate in the film project on the subject of resistance to colonial heritage and systematic power structures. This open call is aimed at women * aged 18 to 75+ - with or without refugee and migration experience.
The film project “7 + 1 Fragments” refers to the presentation of the narratives of seven women * who deal in their own way with resistance to colonial heritage and systematic power structures. We focus on the personal and common spaces. Together we will focus more on the variety of forms of resistance: including civil disobedience, artistic work. We ask ourselves, is survival also a form of resistance?
Our approach will be inspired by Nezami's collection of novels “The Seven Images” 1, and the film is based on eight different fragments: seven life stories are told by women * with different life plans, wishes and realities of their worlds. Each story is a fragment and has its own color, which is characterized by lights, props, etc.
- We are looking for three actresses * for the roles: grandmother / mother / daughter, as well as three other actresses * and two performers *.
- Women * aged 18 to 75+ can apply - with or without refugee and migration experience.
- Shooting starts in July 2021, shooting time: 2 days per person
- All actresses and performers receive a fee.
- This project is produced by Realillusion: Atefeh Kheirabadi and Mehrad Sepahnia and supported by Oyoun as a community project.
Do you want to apply?
Please send us your application documents including
- One-page curriculum vitae
- Your brief motivation in a creative form, e.g. as video, writing material or audio file.
to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline on May 31.05.2021, XNUMX
Atefeh Kheirabadi and Mehrad Sepahnia are fighters. For both of them, political resistance is at the core of their lives and their artistic work. They are experimental filmmakers, they call their artistic tandem “Realillusion”. This name corresponds to a connection between the real and the supposed in their way of working, the combination of experiment and experience.
For more information or questions, send an email to: email@example.com.
This project is funded by the Socioculture Fund.