- This event has already taken place.
PERFORMING ARTS FESTIVAL | Festival center in Oyoun
May 24st 11pm - May 25st 00pm
Day #1 - Living together
The traveling festival center of this year Performing Arts Festivals (24.05. - 29.05.) stops at Oyoun (Neukölln) on the first day and asks: How do we want and can we live together in the future? How can solidarity structures be created and maintained in which complex realities of life find space? In workshops and talks, you can get to know collectives and projects that combine art and activism, create communities, create networks and use artistic means to challenge, shape and change society.
- At 12 noon, the Oyoun team will present the project and its postcolonial, queer*feminist and migrant perspectives on community building in a short input. Afterwards, over a free soup, other people can exchange views on this topic.
- In the afternoon, two workshops invite you to talk to each other and get creative together: Annika Füser and Ahmed Shah from Theater X moderate an exchange on “Cultures of Resistance - CommUnity Theater and Activist Networks”.
- At the workshop "Cross-Species Togetherness" with the INTERSPACE_COLLECTIVE everyone can become artistically active and activist themselves.
- Load at 16 p.m Lorena Valdenegro and Senait Sebhatleab as directors of the in-house production "Check!" Children and young people to explore what they would like for equal coexistence in society.
- In the evening, the daily festival bar opens at 19 p.m. in the Oyoun café and garden and awaits everyone who wants to end the first day of the festival together with drinks and karaoke.
◥ In Oyoun there is no place for sexism, queer hostility, transphobia, any form of racism or discrimination such as anti-black, anti-Muslim racism or anti-Semitism. The same applies to any kind of violent, aggressive or abusive behavior. Oyoun offers a safe space for everyone, an open forum for dialogue and a place where we support and stand up for one another. If someone or something is bothering you during an event, please contact a member of our staff who is there to help! If you have an experience to share with us after an event, please drop us a line E-mail or send us an anonymous message via our site.